3 Pieces of frozen Peach quarters
handful of blueberries
1 heaping tbsp of pre-cooked quinoa (I pre cook and leave in container in fridge for quick salads and adding to smoothies)
1 heaping tbsp of Milled Organic Flax Seed
1 medium carrot
Handful of fresh Spinach & Kale
1/8″ of Fresh Ginger root
Add some Protein Meal Replacement and you’re set for 3-4 hours of Energy! https://jhlifestyles.myshaklee.com/can/en/shop/healthyweight
Raw Energy Balls
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups mixed nuts (any kind of nuts are ok)
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup cacao nibs
½ cup Cacao Powder (can use ¼ cup Cocoa Powder and ¼ cup Protein Powder)
1 ½ – 2 cups Peanut Butter (depends on how soft you like them, can substitute Almond Butter)
¼ – ½ cup honey or maple syrup or agave (can use ¼ cup if you don’t want them as sweet)
1 ½ cups shredded coconut (for coating)
In a large bowl, mix everything together with your hands except the coconut. Make balls and roll them in coconut. You may need a bit more honey to hold the rest of the dough together. Store in a container in the fridge or can freeze. Separate with wax paper so they don’t stick together.
Almond Pulp Breakfast Bars
Use the leftover pulp from the almond milk to make this recipe. Try it, you are going to be surprised!
- 2 cups loosely packed almond pulp
- 1 cup mashed banana (fresh or previously frozen)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 12 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups mix of unsweetened coconut, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, nuts (sunflower and pumpkin seeds, small pieces of walnut and/or hazelnut).
- Preheat the over to 300F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mash together the almond pulp, banana, peanut butter, and flax until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt.
- Mix well with the remaining ingredients.
- Press the dough on a baking sheet as thinly as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then cut into 16 pieces. Bake for another 20-30 minutes until the bars are lightly browned.