I love my morning smoothie and Lunch time “Green Drink”! They offer a powerhouse of nutrients that I know I wouldn’t get in my regular diet.
See what Kris Carr has to say:
* I can’t say enough about alkaline liquid love, especially when you keep the fruit content to a minimum. In fact, drinking your produce will literally change your life. Green juices and smoothies are the most important part of my personal daily practice. If you do nothing else consistently, do this: blend or juice your produce.
* What’s the difference between the two? Juicing separates the pulp from the juice of your veggies, sprouts, and fruits, using a (you guessed it!) juicer. Since your body doesn’t have to digest the fiber, it can easily absorb vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream—instant alkalinity and oxygen for your cells. Juicing also gives your body an energetic break, allowing it to focus on repair and renewal.
* Smoothies are made in a blender, which means that the fiber stays in your drink (score for your colon!). In addition to fruits and vegetables, you can add protein powders, nut milks, healthy fats (which keep your energy humming), a variety of superfoods, and other ingredients to your smoothies.
* Each method has unique benefits, but their biggest strength is shared—filling your body with a large amount of fresh, raw produce. Here are three recipes perfect to jump-start your morning.
Green juice is the rock-solid foundation of my crazy sexy life. Almost all of my juice recipes start with one or two cukes. Cucumber is the perfect base since it yields lots of mild and refreshing juice and minerals, and it’s the fountain of alkalinity.
1 large cucumber
A fistful kale
A fistful romaine
2 or 3 stalks celery
1 big broccoli stem
1 green apple, quartered
1/2 peeled lemon, quartered
Wash and prep all ingredients. Juice all ingredients, and enjoy!
Strawberry Fields Smoothie
Now you can enjoy the nostalgic tastiness of strawberry milk sans moo juice or powdered junk. Strawberries are phytonutrient factories, supplying your body with a bounty of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients. John Lennon would be pleased.
3 cups cashew or nondairy milk of your choice
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 small orange, peeled
1 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach
In high-speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
– See more at: http://www.chopra.com/ccl/3-raw-morning-smoothies-and-juices#sthash.j1hPdOLp.dpuf