How to be Green For A Healthy Body, Home & Planet. There are many simple choices we can make everyday that add up to a less toxic home and body.
A less toxic home equals a less toxic planet, as all those toxic chemicals lurking under your sink, in your bathrooms, and garage such as household cleaners, hair products, or paint are filled with harmful ingredients affecting our environment.
Women are often the caretaker of the home, so it’s our responsibility to make good ‘green’ choices and for our family’s health.
How to be Green
1) Remove all toxic cleaning products containing the following ingredients: Ammonia, Butyl Cellosolve, Formaldehyde, Hydrochloric Acid, Naphtha, Perchloroethylene, Petroleum Distillates, Phenols, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide (lye), Sodium Hypochlorite, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sulfuric Acid, and Tricholoroethane.
2) Remove fragrant lotions and potions that may contain phthalates, petrochemicals such as coal tar, lead, Diethanolamine (DEA) or Triethanolamine (TEA). Replace with perfume free and clinically tested all natural products without harmful chemicals.
3) Buy organic and/or local and purchase fruits and vegetables while in season for higher nutrient level: Look for the label “Certified Organic”. Especially important with the following fruits and vegetables which contain higher pesticides: apples, peaches, bell peppers, celery, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, pears, grapes, spinach, lettuce and potatoes.
4) Stop using bottled water! Poor testing and quality control may cause water to be as contaminated as tap water and all those bottles are plugging our land fills and recycling depots. Use a reverse osmosis water filtration in your home and fill a metal re-usable water bottle.
5) Do your part to reduce fossil fuels by recycling everything, driving less, turning off the lights when not in a room, turning down the heat in your house or using a programmable thermostat for times when you are away, using appliances less, having shorter showers. All of the above contribute to your ‘carbon footprint’. Learn “how to be green” and make a decision today to have a healthier body, home and planet with Safe, Non-Toxic Cleaning products by Shaklee.